We love building hackintosh, but Mac OS X wasn’t exactly made to run on third party hardware ,so you’re bound to run into problems now and then. When you do, here’s how to deal with them… in detail.
- Black screen after kext loading
This might caused by your GPU. Meaning GPU is kext not loading properly.The fixes for this issue.
PCIRootUID=0/1 as boot flags for chameleon. Clover detects it auto.
If not working you need to remove all GPU kext from installer. Remove GPU related kext from /System/Library/Extensions and rebuild caches.
Or boot installer as Single User (-S) run commands below
- Codes for move and backup All GPU kext
mount -uw /
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
Just remove kext you need:
mount – uw /
rm -rf name_of_the_kext.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
shutdown -r now
- Still waiting for root device:
Its happens when osx can`t find root device. Meaning Installer USB or installed HDD.
Check bios for USB3.0 and disable it.
Or Use kexts
- Stuck at Pci Configuration began:
npci=0x2000 or 0x3000
Need to rollback patched kext
- Stuck at Bluetooth transport controller
It cause mostly by GFX (Intel or others). Dart=0 flags fixes this for some system.if not then you have to remove GFX kext from installer.
- How to fix the boot0: error (for chameleon)
1. Boot using the OSX Installation USB you created and enter the OSX Installer.
2. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OSX on.
3. Launch Terminal and execute the following command
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
4. Exit Terminal
5. Reboot Normally
Replace disk0s2 with the correct drive/partition number where OSX is installed. Use diskutil list to get a list of drives/partitions.
Download binaries chameleon folder i386
1. open the folder i386 and copy boot1h for your USBInstaller.
2. boot from USBinstaller and go for utilities and open app Terminal
3. type diskutil list for identified your disk and partition where you installed of system = “(i.e: diskXsY)”
4. type diskutil unmount diskXsY
5. type cd /
6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/diskXsY bs=4096
in step 6 put your disk and partition “(i.e diskXsY “)
- FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device
Its caused by older FakeSMC.kext or not supported by hardware.
Solution: Reinstall OSX Make sure you have Installed FakeSMC.Kext and checked SMC plugin will solve your issue.
- Fix Mac App Store error
Fix 1: Go to /Extra in your main hard drive and open the file org.Chameleon.boot.plist with TextEdit/Similar . This is the configuration file for the Chameleon bootloader. Add this string to the part of the file between and
Then reboot and check . If this doesn’t fix then proceed to the next solution.
Fix 2: If first does not works, open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.
Now, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist.Removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have reset the network configuration for Mac OSX. Reboot and have to setup network again.
- Wrong BIOS Settings
Most of the times your hackintosh will not run properly or at all, if there are conflicts in your BIOS settings. We detail the most important ones in our always up to date guide, so be sure to check you’ve followed those instructions correctly.
Legacy/Uefi BIOS -Desktops/Laptop
- Config >SATA Controller Mode Option [AHCI]
- Startup > UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority [Legacy First] or [UEFI First for clover UEFI]
- C&Q and C1E>Disable
- VT-d/VT-x >Disable
- Os type> Other os
- Startup > UEFI/Legacy Boot [both]
- CPU VT-d>Disable.
- Secure Boot Mode>Disable.